Friday, March 16, 2018

Homebound Activities : Quest!


At the last school I worked at the director used to have a directions game to see 
how many step directions the children could follow in row. I would ask kids to put elephants 
under chairs then jump over a line and put a matchbox car on chalkboard. However, this was not 
nearly as fun at home without friends to giggle with you at the silly directions. Instead, I made up a game 
to find something in the end. When I described what I was doing with Audrey to my mother-in-law she 
called the game “quest”. She used to play the same game with her kids when they were little and gave 
the game a name. So here is how we play:



I hide a desirable prize at the end of the quest -- the lost crown to Princess Lilith ( her cousin’s name) or 
King Billy’s lost treasure. Something to raise her attention, then you give fun directions to get to wear you 
need to go.For instance, crawl under the table, over a chair, around the couch, squeeze between the 
bean bags to complete your quest. This way your kiddos is following 4 to 5 step directives using 
prepositions to play a game.

No comments:

Post a Comment