Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Family Friendly Restaurants: Dysarts Hampden Exit

Here are our guidelines and how we will be rating:


  1. High chairs and booster  seats
  2. Have food the kiddos will eat 
  3. Entertainment for said child  ( coloring books, toys, puzzles, etc.)
  4. Changing tables in both restroom areas for both parents  
  5. Atmosphere that is child friendly 
  6. Affordability
  7. Child friendly staff
  8. Kids Cups
  9. Breastfeeding friendly
  10. Out of the way extras for kids





So I will slowly be adding places to this rating list based on these parameters and expectations. We do not count promptness of service for a number of reasons. Mostly because if they're busy-- they're busy. One that is working cannot control the traffic in and out of a restaurant. Both my husband and myself have worked in food services and know a number of variables that are in the card.

Dysart's Truck Stop in Hampden may surprise you, who would think a truck stop would be a good fit for little kids? Every time we plan on a day trip on I 95 south we stop at Dysart's for an early breakfast. They have a number of high chairs and booster seats ( more than I could count without seeming strange). They provide coloring pages for children and a menu of their own. The restaurant has a family bathroom on the second floor. While the prices are slightly higher than other places I believe this is to compensate for being open 24/7 and having to pay employees despite business being busy or not. The staff is 80% child friendly. I have been there before and had wait staff complain my child was in the way with their high chair when there was no where else to put the child. The aisle are very narrow in some sections making it difficult to move and find space for extras. They do not have kids cups so we do bring our own and I have never been approacher for nursing while there by staff. I have however been spoken to my patrons ... I'd rate Dysarts a 8.5 / 10 for kid friendly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment