Thursday, March 8, 2018

Book of the week: Baby Loves Quarks!



I found Baby Loves Quarks while searching for kid appropriate science materials for my four year old. This book is a board book with babies/ toddlers in mind covering basic particle physics and chemistry. These are materials I don't remember being introduced to me fully until I was in high school chemistry.

 I do believe these principles and ideas are great to introduce to kiddos so they can have thoughts in reference to what is out there in order to equip them with the accurate answers to complex questions. Also to prompt more questions in the future about the topics read.



In Maine there is not a concrete science based content curriculum at an young elementary level, so this was a great find. This book held both my 18 month old as well as my four year olds attention. Which made this my choice for book of the week. After getting this out through Minerva I decided to purchase it for my two at home.



This is not the only book that Ruth Siro and Irene Chan co- created about science. Check out the following:

Baby loves:
  • Aerospace Engineering 
  • Thermodynamics 
  • Quantum Physics 
  • Structural Engineering
  • Gravity 
  • Coding
  • Green Energy!

No comments:

Post a Comment