Saturday, May 6, 2017

Homebound Activities: Spray chalk

As a pre-school teacher a co-worker and I had been talking about doing spray sidewalk chalk for a about a year now. As always I try to use my own child to gage the age interest/ appropriateness of it all. I have finally put the spray chalk to the test. With a cranky teething 8 month old around I try to stay home those cranky days. We bought our first round at Target from the one dollar bin in the front, but I also found a couple recipes online I can share.  The following recipe is what I've found to be most common.

Homemade Spray Chalk Recipe

  • 2 cups hot water
  • 1/2 cup cornstarch
  • 2 Tablespoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon washable tempura paint.

    Mix all ingredients in a mason jar. 
    Screw lid on tightly, and shake until combined.
    Find something to spray!


    WARNING: That tree is still blue quite a few rainy days later ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment