Friday, May 12, 2017

Billy's Pick of the week: Rockland Breakwater

Billy prides himself in his ability to give great directions to this place and had so much fun walking over to the lighthouse (it's pretty straightforward you just follow the directions to Samoset Resort). I would suggest going on a very warm day ( 80's) since it gets windy. We went on a windy 67 degree day.





 We wished we went on a warmer day strictly because of the wind chill factor. With that said we had tons of fun walking 7/8 of a mile there and again in return. I am not going to lie, I was sore a few days after carrying my 8 month old in my Ergo carrier across. My husband had a great time and only had to carry our three year old the last 1/4 mile. She needed a lot of support and a few "1-2-3 jumps" over large cracks in the rocks. With that said, I'd do it again in the blind of an eye! There is a great beach below for toddlers to venture out and investigate. I got to sit on a bench with the baby and rest from my trek across the breakwater while I watched my husband and daughter explore the beach below.


No comments:

Post a Comment