Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Family Friendly Restaurants: Denny's

Here are our guidelines and how we will be rating:

  1. High chairs and booster  seats
  2. Have food the kiddos will eat 
  3. Entertainment for said child  ( coloring books, toys, puzzles, etc.)
  4. Changing tables in both restroom areas for both parents  
  5. Atmosphere that is child friendly 
  6. Affordability
  7. Child friendly staff
  8. Kids Cups
  9. Breastfeeding friendly
  10. Out of the way extras for kids

So I will slowly be  adding places to this rating list based on these parameters and expectations. We do not count promptness of service for a number of reasons. Mostly because if they're busy-- they're busy. One that is working cannot control the traffic in and out of a restaurant. Both my husband and myself have worked in food services and know a number of variables that are in the card.
Denny's off the Hogan Rd. in Bangor is a special treat at our house. We live not far from here, but this is the place we go when everywhere else is closed super early in the morning before a long day trip ahead of us or we are hangry after a long day of shopping in the mall area. I remember being super pregnant and having a craving for a banana's foster at midnight and my husband was able to get it to go for me.They have at least 6 high chairs, however I have been there when they did not have enough for everyone who needed one. They have a flexible kids menu, coloring options and a claw machine in the front if you are looking for a way to keep yours kids entertained when they have a wait on tables. Both restrooms have changing tables and make kids food affordable.On Tuesday's and Saturday's kids eat for free, drinks included from 4p.m. -10p.m. Up to two kids get a free meal for every paying adult.You do have to pay for actual kids cups, but you do get to bring them home :) I have not breast fed in this facility so I cannot say how they feel about this topic, but I would not hesitate. The staff are always raving about our kids and are super kid friendly. I give Denny's a 9 out of 10 for their family friendly rating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment