Thursday, May 31, 2018

Book for the Week: My Favorite Things

Growing up my parents had me watch "The Sound of Music", I remember it being one of the only VHS movies in the house. My mother bought this book for my children seeing the illustrations and thinking they resembles the characters in the book with their blonde hair and blue eyes. I recently started picking books on our shelf that the kids normally don't pick and reading one of "Mom's choice" a night. I started singing this book to the kids and now they are hooked. The pictures are elegant and beautiful with fine details and focus on natural beauty and match well with the lyrics. I then went further to download the song off iTunes and burn the song onto a CD. Now my children have their own "book on tape" as well as a new song they can learn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment