Friday, June 8, 2018

Homebound Activities: Dance Parties

So one thing I have informally done with my kids is dance parties in my living room/ kitchen. I make a mix of kids music on my iTune, Amazon Music and/or Spotify ( Andrew & Polly, Laurie Berker Band, Pharell Williams,Lucky Diaz and the Family Jam Band, Casper Babypants, Recess Monkey, upbeat Disney songs, the Trolls soundtrack, etc.). These are the best on rainy days to get the wiggles out and make memories. This is one thing my parents use to do with me when I was younger. I vividly remember my parents taking turns dancing with me in our living room twirling me around and picking me up to dance. I look back on those as great memories of my parents I want my kids to experience with us. Sure we have to be the ones to put our feet down, but we can also be the fun ones every now and then too. These dance parties usually consist of dancing and cleaning combined for me, but my kids never notice and are giggling and smiling the whole time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment