Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Homebound Activities: Yoga

I've been on a yoga kick with both my kids since the first was born. At first it was for me to do something other than walk with my first on my front and bond differently. However, this really helped with my older child and her coordination/ balance. I don't want to brag or anything, but her gross motor skills are fairly advanced and I'd like to think yoga helped. This is also a very calming and centering activity for us. Often times( since I am by no means a yoga instructor) we get out Mommy and Me yoga DVD's or now we get more into two sessions at my house were my older one helps with the younger ones "yoga turn" and then the older one has her own "turn". Minerva at your local library has access to all kinds of kids yoga books. One of our favorite books is "Good Morning Yoga: a pose-by-pose wake up story". The Illustrations are beautiful and the instructions are straightforward for the poses. Very fun to do in the morning!I have read these books out loud to my 4 and 5 year olds in my classroom and the language is very straight forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment