Friday, October 7, 2016

Family Friendly Restaurant Ratings: Verve

Here are our guidelines and how we will be rating:


  1. High chairs and booster  seats
  2. Have food the kiddos will eat 
  3. Entertainment for said child  ( coloring books, toys, puzzles, etc.)
  4. Changing tables in both restroom areas for both parents  
  5. Atmosphere that is child friendly 
  6. Affordability
  7. Child friendly staff
  8. Kids Cups
  9. Breastfeeding friendly
  10. Out of the way extras for kids


So I will slowly be adding places to this rating list based on these parameters and expectations. We do not count promptness of service for a number of reasons. Mostly because if they busy they are busy and you can't do much about that.





Verve is a great place for kids -- at least the one in Orono is. I have not been to the Bangor location with my toddler. There are two high chairs for kids and a table that used to have arcade games that the kids love. There are comfy chairs and couches with kids books as well. I know my daughter just enjoys going up and down the three steps from the lower space to the upper space where the couches are.  The staff always love the kids and never complain about high energy. I know that the owners personally and I am almost positive they have no problems with breastfeeding I want to say 98%. They don't have anything that is extra kid friendly aside from the neat arcade table. The meals can be affordable as long as you aren't stacking on the ingredients and getting tons of extras . I am guilty of all of those things  might I add (I am a sucker for the smoothies, cookies and chips) and they have cups with covers and straws for kids.  Overall, we love Verve and bring our kids on play dates to Verve for a quick bite to eat before a concert in the park or library pajama story hours. The kids get excited to go and so do the parents the food is healthy and for you and you don't get the sluggish feeling after eating there. That is why Verve gets a such a super high rating in our book. 10 out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment