Monday, June 27, 2016

Introduction To Penobscot Parenting

I choose to call this penobscot parenting since:

A.) I want Mainer's to know this is for you specifically in our area.
B.) Parenting is way more inclusive than Mom since Dad's are ( or ideally should be) involved as well.

About Me:
I am a pre-school teacher that is from Bucksport/ Bangor that married a man from Milford/ Orono and had a child. With that said, we are well connected to the Bangor, Hampden Orono, Veazie, Old Town, Milford and Bradley events in their communities. My husband and I have the unique situation where we take turns and shifts being with our 2 and a half year old all day long 7 days a week working opposite shifts. My husband has her during the day and I have her at night.

Why start this blog?
We often hear from a lot of friends asking about things we do with our daughter and how we heard about the events. We never realized how much we knew about events until we noticed others were not showing up to them. A good friend of mine that has twins, Amy, encouraged me to start this blog and with support from other friends that are Mom's in the area I got the courage to start this blog ( Katy, Julie, Chelsea and Nadia). I will try my best to send out event happening.

Mission:
The ultimate outcome is spending the least amount for the most amount of fun. I would like to keep this a positive. As a forewarning I am not willing to spend copious amounts of money on anything, so I try to limit all outings to $15 or less for a family of three ( those are special occasions). I am aiming for posts 2 to 3 days a week on events and tips to keep your infants, toddlers and/or preschoolers entertained. I want families to be as happy as can be! I don't like the days when i go to bed and wonder was this a good day for her? I try to make every day a good day for her!

Disclaimer:
I apologize ahead of time for poor grammar and the occasional misspelling. Also, I am an insufferable optimist and always look at the "flops" in life as a learning experience. Some of the things I may post are sheer opinion based on personal experiences in the past, you may have different experiences and that is okay too. Overall,I hope you enjoy and you find this helpful! Also, occasionally I follow up on an event and we show up to find the webpage was not up-to-date or the event was cancelled due to rain or unexpected events. So I am only passing along public information that I have to my access. Please don't get upset at the messenger. I try my hardest to keep up on the latest events, alas I am not perfect. I am a mere pregnant mother to a toddler working 40 hours a week, have a little empathy.

No comments:

Post a Comment